First, calculate the area in square feet of your project. As an example, a 10-foot wide, 20-foot long driveway is a 200-square foot area. Then, multiply the area by the depth. For instance, if you are using four inches of crushed stone under a patio area or for a driveway, four inches converted to feet is .33.
Beverly Materials L.L.C. has provided quality construction aggregates, limestone, sand and gravel products to meet customer needs in commercial, residential, State and Federal projects for over 50 years. Beverly Materials operates three sand and gravel quarries, one quarry in East Dundee Illinois, and two in Huntley Illinois and one Limestone ...
Washington Rock''s crushed rock is some of the best in the area as it is very hard, which makes it more durable. It locks together to make a firm and unyielding driving surface. The compaction efforts are less than similar gravel because it is fractured. It''s superior to most other products in the area.
· Clean crushed stone has been cleaned so there are limited traces of stone dust. It''s commonly used for the top layer of a stone driveway or areas that can handle lighter impact. Crushed Stone . Crushed stone typically has a residue of stone …
· Stone patios can accumulate dirt, stains, mildew, and algae throughout the year. You can use chemicals or natural means to clean your stone patio. Use dish soap, vinegar, or a pressure washer to clean the stone patio. Try cleaner, bleach, solvent, and baking soda to remove stains.
3/4" Clean Crushed Basalt is dark gray to black in color, sometimes with reds. It is crushed in size from 3/4" down to 3/8" without fines, which makes it a nice size for parking or pathway areas. It is a clean crushed rock, which means it will not pack in tight, but it will allow for drainage. Basalt is a blasted rock, meaning it contains no ...
Competitively priced, high quality, agency approved bulk rock salt is now available for pick up or delivery from the Haledon Quarry. Be prepared this winter! Call your salesman for pricing today at 973-595-6250. 1.5% Max Moisture 98% Min Purity 1% Max Water Insoluble Matter
Erosion Stone is clean crushed limestone used to control erosion and is 3" - 9". Rip Rap is clean crushed limestone used to control erosion and is 9" - 18". Flagstone is flat limestone pieces of varying size and thickness and is used for stepping stones or landscaping. Due to the nature of flagstone, the customer picks out, loads and hauls ...
3/4″ Clean Crushed Stone Uses. Crushed stone is one of the most popular stones in the construction industry, although it also provides extensive options for home landscaping and projects. 3/4″ clean crushed stone is the most popular size and can be used for a variety of projects.
· The best structural material to use for drainage is 3/4 clean crushed stone. Using all clean crushed stone as backfill can invite "surface" water down to the sides and bottom of your pool. That is why it is imperative to have a perforated pipe at the lowest point of any stone installed that out falls into a sump or daylight.
Cost and Availability of Different Stone In considering the cost of crusher run vs. washed stone, realize that 25% to 45% of the weight of crusher run gravel is composed of particles smaller than 2 mm. Although quarries price gravel on a per-ton basis, its simpler to calculate gravel needs and compare costs based on cubic yards.
Crushed Stone & Gravel Description & Uses (New York locations) size size 2" crushed concrete x dust 2" Subbase for concrete & asphalt driveways, etc. Gravel, 1-1/2" crusher run x dust 1-1/2" Use for unpaved driveways, walkways, etc. Gravel, 2" screened gravel x dust 2" Screened gravel subbase for concrete & asphalt driveways, etc.
· Clean stone: If crushed stone is clean, it has been screened so the majority of the stone dust has been removed, but some dust is still mixed in. This is useful for the top layer of a stone driveway or other places where some minor compaction is not harmful.
Crushed washed Gravel 3/4" Angular crushed rock for decorative uses, and for drainage installations. We also carry the larger 1-1/2" Clean Crush for jobsite Best Management Practices (BMP''s) to prevent dirt/mud from being tracked off-site.. For your convenience, all our bulk products are available for …
Gravel Cost Per Square Foot. Gravel costs $0.50 to $2.50 per square foot on average when covering an area 12" deep (a cubic foot), depending on the type. Base gravel, crusher run, slate, shale, and crushed concrete are the cheapest at $0.50 to $1.50 per square foot, while colored and decorative gravel run $3 per square foot.. Return to Top. Gravel Delivery Cost
3/8″ Clean Crushed Stone Uses. Crushed stone products are extremely popular in the industry and are used for a variety of projects and construction jobs. Some of the more popular uses of 3/8″ clean crushed stone is for the base of driveways, stone driveways, areas with poor drainage and walkways.
Crushed Stone Gravel Sales For Greensboro, ... • Clean Stone Gravel • Pea Stone Gravel. If you have questions about this type of material, be sure to contact our team for more information. Remember, you can either come by our location to pick up your materials or we can deliver them right to your property.
· Clean rock products contain no fines (small particles of ground rock). Minus rock does contain fines. Fines help a product compact. For example, if you''re building a driveway over soft ground, a minus product can compact and stay in place. Watch the video to see the difference between crushed clean and crushed minus rock products.
I have old white crushed stone as trim around driveway, trees, etc. Over the years it has dirtied with mud, grass stains, sap, etc. I didn''t realize how dirtied and yellowed it had become until I added a new bag. Now I have old yellowed / browned stone mixed with new bright white stone. It looks pre...
· There are many different grades of crushed stone. If the stone has fines from the crushing process typically that gets washed away with a couple hard rains and isn''t an issue. (Assuming it rains where you are) Dirty gravel may contain low grade stone types that could cause unwanted nuisances for a long time.
· Once compacted, a minus product can compact and stay in place. Minus rock is used as the base layer of most projects. We have 1/4" minus, 5/8" minus, and 1 1/4" minus available. Clean Rock: Products contain NO fines. Will not compact. Clean material used as top layer and loser. Clean rock often used for drainage. Used for decoration purposes.
Stone dust fines with up to ¼" crushed stone that can be used for walkways, stables and barns, tennis courts and horse rings and bicycle trails. CR-6 Fines with up to 1 1/2″ Crushed Stone A mixture of coarse and fine stone that can be used for sub-base for parking lots, roads and highways, as well as for residential driveways, walkways ...
3/4" Clean Stone. 3/4" crushed marble and dolomite down to ¼" material. ¾" Clean Stone. Clean material that does not pack well. Used for perimeter drainage, under concrete slabs, and drip edges. Also used as course material in concrete and asphalt mixes. This material has no powder and drains very well.
Crushed Stone Uses: Crushed stone is a very versatile material and is used in a wide variety of construction and landscaping projects. The type of project the stone is being used for will generally dictate the size and type of crushed stone (clean stone or DGA, for example) needed. Some of the most common uses for crushed stone include:
BBIT''s gravel and crushed stone come in a couple of different types — clean crushed and screened or minus (which contains dust and small fragments to aid in compacting). Our crushed rock is available in basic grey/brown as well as decorative and colorful crushed stone. Our gray gravel comes in two sizes: 3/4" Minus. 1/4" Minus.
Crushed Stone. All of our crushed products are manufactured from 8 inches diameter cobblestone. When crushed down to the finer sizes, it is a 100 percent crushed product with fresh cleavage planes on all faces. #8 (3/8 inch) Chips – These are used to manufacture Bituminous concrete; in macadam surface treatments (seal coating); it is also ...
Oversize Stone: Unwashed, smooth, irregular grey stone, mixed 6"-18" - various sized debris will be present: Available at the Nursery for selecting specific stones : Boulders: 24" and up: Varies by Size #1 Crushed Clean Stone. Irregular, grey in color, washed, approximatey 1" in size Small Drainage Stone $30/Yd. #2 Crushed Clean Stone
While crushed stone is a commercial product created with the use of machines to mine and crush rock, gravel is a product created from natural weathering. Gravel is fragmented rock sourced from deposits of weathered rock found in rivers, streams, and gravel pits. Crushed Stone and Gravel Delivered Price Chart. Orders under 5 yards have a under the minimum fee included in the delivered price.
Buy Clean Crush 1 1/2" here! Landscape supplies and green waste recycling at Bee Green Recycling & Supply in Oakland, California. We carry firewood, mulch, bark, pave stones and flagstone, and inert materials such as base rock, drain rock, path fines, fertilizer, top soil and more!